Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads) 1440 posts - page 73 of 144
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » November 27, 2015 2:05am | Report
I think skadi is better in all situations. Shivas feels like it fufils the same purpose as the skadi, giving survivability (through raw armor rather than stats), ms slow, and attack speed slow. Ember benifits more from skadi because apart from doing the same things as shiva, it also makes him hit a little harder.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 27, 2015 2:28am | Report
But 10+ armors gave more physical EHP than Skadi, which may be of more use than Skadi in some situations.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » November 27, 2015 2:47am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

But 10+ armors gave more physical EHP than Skadi, which may be of more use than Skadi in some situations.

Actually, no. It's the complete opposite. 725 HP and 3.5 armor from skadi >>>> 15 armor from shivas. By far. Even when playing purely against physical damage. Look at the chart yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/xUQz6sT.png

Building armor items on AGI heroes is generally a waste of gold. Agility heroes are already at the optimal HP/armor ratio and building stats (which also increases armor because of AGI) is always better.

Skadi is the best survivability item on agility heroes.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » November 27, 2015 3:20am | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Actually, no. It's the complete opposite. 725 HP and 3.5 armor from skadi >>>> 15 armor from shivas. By far. Even when playing purely against physical damage. Look at the chart yourself.

https://i.imgur.com/xUQz6sT.png

Building armor items on AGI heroes is generally a complete waste of gold. Agility heroes are already at the optimal HP/armor ratio and building stats (which also increases armor because of AGI) is always better.

Skadi is the best survivability item on agility heroes.

at lvl25, Ember has 1803HP and 9.93 Armour == 2877.23 EHP
with Eye of Skadi, this comes to 2528HP and 13.43 Armour == 4565.06 EHP
replace it with Shiva's Guard and you get 1803HP and 24.93 Armour == 4499 EHP

There's barely any difference between the 2 Items in terms of EHP. However, if you're considering which Item helps Ember survive against Physical Damage, against a hero that Right-Clicks for 300 Damage:-

At lvl25, you take 67.67% Damage from the Attacks == 187.99 Damage. You take 10 attacks before dying.
With Skadi, you take 55.38% Damage from the Attacks == 166.13 Damage. You take 16 attacks before dying.
With Shivas, you take 59.93 Damage from the Attacks == 120.20 Damage. You take 15 attacks before dying.

Skadi just barely beats out Shivas in terms of defense, so unless you're building Shiva's for the Active, or have a significant amount of Bonus Strength/HP from Items, I'd stick with Skadi all the time. I'm not gonna bother calculating where Shivas overtakes Skadi, besides, even against Slardar, Dazzle, Templar Assassin, Clinkz, <insert Physical Damage Hero> lineups, you have more than just Physical Damage to worry about anyway.

The vision from the active might be nice if you're chasing someone into the Trees, e.g. Broodmother, Anti-Mage, Tinker, etc. but that's about it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, this IS a spam thread and there hasn't been a single Hashtag on this page!!!

#DoYouEvenLiftYourCalculator?!
#MathRules
#UnscathedTheoryCraftingIsASignOfTheApocalypse
#BringBackTheHashTags
#RoadToHashTag

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 27, 2015 4:00am | Report
#iagreewithxyrus #thisisaspamthread #notheorycrafterino

Alright, I'll stop.

Oh and please don't watch Jessica Jones.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » November 27, 2015 6:18am | Report
CS:GO on sale? PogChamp Maybe now I can buy it
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » November 27, 2015 7:15am | Report
**** CS:GO.
LONG LIVE THE MOBAS!!!
#moba*****

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » November 27, 2015 7:22am | Report
Yeah mobas are better. Maybe it's because I suck at every fps except tribes.
That game was the shiz.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » November 27, 2015 8:43pm | Report

Some daily exercises for my character drawing class, don't know why I haven't ever put up my stuff here from time to time

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » November 27, 2015 11:35pm | Report
Is that b00ty on the far right side?

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved