Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Spectre, Medusa, Void

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Theory Crafting » Spectre, Medusa, Void 69 posts - page 5 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 29, 2014 7:34am | Report
Smuggels wrote:

and most people play her ******ed ... she should not even come out of the jungle until she has helm bf and maybe skull

*sigh* I really hate this build (not the Skull Basher), Hand of Midas and Maelstrom are much better Farming Items on her, not to mention, they allow her to fight earlier.

Except in certain situations, I'd rather see a Mekansm on a Phantom Assassin than a worthless Battle Fury (not that I'm saying you should build Mekansm, just that it's much more useful)

It just means that the other 4 players have to Carry her (thank the gods for people with Skill 8{D )

http://dotabuff.com/matches/685929761

N00b Phantom Assassin in it's most common form -_-

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Peppo_oPaccio » May 29, 2014 9:41am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

Haha, I had to carry it with a Brewmaster before he got his stuff. :D

Anyways, the Drums + Vlad's + BKB build is much more suitable if you want to do early aggression, but that doesn't necessarily mean the BF build is bad. EternalEnvy from C9 gets a BF every time he plays mid Phantom Assassin, and even though I think Drums and Vlad's would be better, he can outcarry most of the Heroes in the late game that way. It's a noob build for pubs since (usually) you're not gonna play with people that let you farm for 25 minutes before joining fights, but if you can get it early (16 minutes including finished Boots) and still have ten more minutes to farm, it's decent.

I'd say the "mid-game" playing style is better, since the hard carry BF build does little to nothing both in pubs and in current tournaments: if I wanted to play a BF Hero, I'd go for Anti-Mage who also farms quicker.

Peppo_oPaccio
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (70)
Steam: Peppo_o'Paccio
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » May 29, 2014 4:55pm | Report
yea i know lads ... what im trying to say is that she is a 20-40 min impact hero... if she doesnt have the impact in that time frame then she falls off against other hard carries. but all she needs is one crit thats the difference people forget.. yea a bit of damage and blink and her evasion are good and going up against a 10/10 late game carry usually means she dies but i agree with the thing said where there should be a tier for Chance based carries...one crit and she can insta kill most heroes barring wraith. as i said before without the crit ... useless ... if she gets the crit ... well then thats different.

i usually get bf because the farming speed helps plus it lends her some teamfight ive seen a 5 man reverse polarity blinked in and got a 1.8k crit and got a rampage before. the ability to transfer crits to a AoE shouldnt be underated. i also have built a maelstrom before and it does reduce her start time a bit.

all in all i think she is underated ... ive been smashed down by a spectre before 1v1 and i had basically no hp and i got a 1.2k crit and she was dead .... its all about chance.

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 30, 2014 2:02am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

*sigh* I really hate this build (not the Skull Basher), Hand of Midas and Maelstrom are much better Farming Items on her, not to mention, they allow her to fight earlier.

Except in certain situations, I'd rather see a Mekansm on a Phantom Assassin than a worthless Battle Fury (not that I'm saying you should build Mekansm, just that it's much more useful)

It just means that the other 4 players have to Carry her (thank the gods for people with Skill 8{D )

Hand of Midas is wasted on Phantom Assassin as she's primarily a mid-game hero. I'd rather spend that gold on something that is going to help me constantly pick people off.

Power Treads
Drum of Endurance
Skull Basher

(If you're skipping the Drum of Endurance then I'd opt for Phase Boots for the chasing potential.)

Great 1 v 1 pick off potential there. Midas for me is only worthwhile if you're trying to make the game go 35 minutes+.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » May 30, 2014 2:10am | Report
William wrote:

Hand of Midas is wasted on Phantom Assassin as she's primarily a mid-game hero. I'd rather spend that gold on something that is going to help me constantly pick people off.

Power Treads
Drum of Endurance
Skull Basher

(If you're skipping the Drum of Endurance then I'd opt for Phase Boots for the chasing potential.)

Great 1 v 1 pick off potential there. Midas for me is only worthwhile if you're trying to make the game go 35 minutes+.

I think its decent anyway becouse of your faster leveling, she depends pretty hard on level 16.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 30, 2014 5:45am | Report
William wrote:

Timminatorr wrote:

I think its decent anyway becouse of your faster leveling, she depends pretty hard on level 16.

^ This is pretty much the reason I take it onmost Carries. Being 2 levels higher than the highest levelled Hero on the other Team really shows in Teamfights, especially when you're lvl16 and they're barely lvl14. It is actually a good Item for ensuring a STRONK Mid-Game.

I'm not saying I would take it every game, it's always Situational for every Hero imo. It's great on any Carry for getting ahead of the other Team, that's why I even favour it on a Luna when I'm confident I can end the game 20:00 - 30:00 or even 40:00 in, when lvl3 Eclipse is a dominating factor in Teamfights.
William wrote:

Power Treads
Drum of Endurance
Skull Basher

Personally, I prefer Phase Boots, Drum of Endurance, Maelstrom. Chain Lightning Procs ftw 8{D

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by William » May 30, 2014 7:19am | Report
I guess Phase Boots + Drum of Endurance would make you extremely quick, but I can imagine missing the attack speed from Power Treads. More attack speed = More crits, after all.

Then again, the Maelstrom would give you the attack speed that Skull Basher lacks I guess.

Regarding the Hand of Midas, I agree that the exp is a huge factor, but I guess it depends how actively you are going to be picking fights. If you're mostly running into lane creeps, the exp advantage isn't going to be quite as sizeable. If however you find yourself in the jungle often when your off cooldown, then I can see how it would be worth it.

William

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (7)
Steam: Bill
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » May 30, 2014 8:04am | Report
William wrote:

Regarding the Hand of Midas, I agree that the exp is a huge factor, but I guess it depends how actively you are going to be picking fights. If you're mostly running into lane creeps, the exp advantage isn't going to be quite as sizeable. If however you find yourself in the jungle often when your off cooldown, then I can see how it would be worth it.

You don't need to head into the Jungle all the time, just nip in use it on the nearest Creep, i.e. Top - Dire Hard Camp, Mid - Radiant Medium Camp, Bot - Radiant Medium Camp. I guess there's a bit of an advantage for Dire, but you can always Last Hit the Lane Creeps with Dagger to avoid losing out on Last Hits
William wrote:

Then again, the Maelstrom would give you the attack speed that Skull Basher lacks I guess.

It also helps more as a 5 vs 5 Item, since Chain Lightning can hit everything. Skull Basher is only useful against 1 Hero, although sometimes that's all you need. <}3

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » June 2, 2014 4:32pm | Report
quick question? ...

lifestealer? where would he fit in the carry tier?

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by porygon361 » June 2, 2014 4:56pm | Report
Lifestealer becomes very strong early after an armlet, peaks off in the late mid-game, but falls off late game against agility hard carries (tanky hard carries get countered by feast), but is a formidable support slayer with his magic immunity. Which is why lifestealer is best played with another hero that can "carry" with him, so to speak. I would say he belongs somewhere in the middle.

Hero Idea Archive

Newest Idea: Ibrik, the Tormentor

And the newest in my series of hero guides...

My Guide to the Grandest Magus of All

porygon361
<Editor>

Remarkable (46)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved