Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads) 1440 posts - page 77 of 144
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 13, 2015 7:17am | Report
But Terablyat is no longer in CM and I don't think he's coming back there in this patch. Although admittedly if he gets buffed for no reason he's back to OPness.

Nyx...I agree that he could become stupidly strong. I'm actually surprised to not see him more in comp, especially in a meta where you always need to snipe the supports first in a teamfight.

PA, she's just meh right now, not bad, but not that good either. A very slight buff is likely to be seen but it won't change much.

Pugna however could very well become the new Lesh. I'm sure people will find some crazy build where you leave Nether Ward at level 1, max Decrepify early and just run people down with aghs ult + an ultra spammy 60% slow.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » December 13, 2015 7:28am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

And I think the next candidates for "overbuffed for no reason" club are Terablade and Nyx. Knowing OSFrog's... persistence, he is unlikely to stop until he will start seeing both in pro games. Maybe also PA and Pugna.

Hah, I'd be so lucky.

I still hope for a meta where there's more than one viable strat, and it's all about successful execution.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 13, 2015 8:07am | Report
I think there will not be one unless Icefrog forces it down people's throats. Fighting early, taking early objectives, utilizing momentum is the most stable and sure way to victory unless other ways are manually overbuffed. Dota is becoming increasingly popular, prize pools grow, so does the competition. Why would you want to go for risky and situational strats which btw all have to be practiced and theorycrafted with your team when you can have a good all-rounder, stuffed with the strongest heroes of the patch, and basically go with this start all the time, only interchanging some heroes? Also the general level of play grows, which may also be the reason.

Just my thoughts anyway. I don't think this style of play will fall out of favor without massive, and I mean, massive changes in the core of the game. Like, increasing map size and adding one more tower tier along with objective reward changes, Rosh/Aegis mechanics, etc, this level of massive.

Btw some bad boys are already using Terrorbalde to grind MMR in high MMR brackets, 've seen Db profiles of 2 or 3 of them, though there are not many I believe.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 13, 2015 8:14am | Report
He'll probably attempt to do it with gold changes, and stuff like Roshan timings. Since, if there is a finacially viable alternative to fighting early and constantly, and if a lot of the better heroes at it ( Tusk) are nerfed, then it can bring back a level of passive early games again, which will bring so many heroes back into the game potentially.

I still think Kunkka will be the next super OP thing, because Icefrog has been trying so so hard.

As for the whole more than one viable strat; Dimoy kinda sums it up. It's not that other drafts or strats aren't viable, it's just they are less safe. A lot of heroes get over or under-used in patches.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 13, 2015 8:23am | Report
If next mid meta complies into a hero pool that is mostly comfortable for Kunkka to lane against and saving supports will get nerfed, I can give you a guarantee he will become the next cancer of the patch or at least a Slardar/ Templar Assassin-tier hero that is not firstpicked, but super-strong and popular. Otherwise people are ****ing blind.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 13, 2015 8:27am | Report
Kunkka can very well become a top tier support in comp. X Marks the Spot is just that ********, pretty much Glimpse except it has no cooldown whatsoever and it works on allies as well. Just spam it on any core and have him do hit-and-run tactics. It has no counter except buying mass Euls and chaining them with a perfect timing, and even then pro players can't get it right.

Mid Kunkka IMO will forever be a pub thing. He's just a very poor core compared to Ember Spirit. Tidebringer is massively overrated, while Xmark is Kunkka's best spell by far, and has been OP for several patches and it keeps getting buffed for no reason at all.

Seriously Icefrog, stop buffing Xmark, it's already in the top 5 of best non-ultimate skills in the game IMO. Buff Kunkka as a core as much as you want but just balance that skill.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 13, 2015 8:33am | Report
Even Kunkka's boat is a crazy good skill nowadays; 400 damage, a stun, 60s cooldown, and halves damage taken by allies?

It's kinda silly how under-utilised the hero is in any role given he's got got solid stand alone skills, and so many potential sysnergies.

The only buff I could see (That's not like a numbers buff) is changing Tidebringer to synergise with the rest of his skill-set.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 13, 2015 8:48am | Report
What are you talking about? Kunkka's only disadvantage vs Ember is his lack mobility, but then again Ember almost exclusively uses Remnant for escape in mid-lategame fights, and so does Kunkka with X and Blink/SB. Also he is trickier to snowball because by the time ship travels to X-ed target you can already TP in, call the police, watch news and have a lunch.

Everything else is flat-out better.

I've also never heard Tidebringer being overrated, and it really isn't. It is just not that strong as X and Ship which are stupidly OP, you're right. But it's still very solid - a good farm steroid AND a damage steroid because it ignores armor completely, which means that when you see big red 1000 number it means everyone actually took 1k damage, and not 1000*.

*reduced by 60% with my 25 armor you ***** :)

You don't want to go late with Kunkka in serious games anyway as he's pretty unreliable damage dealer.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » December 13, 2015 9:13am | Report
No point debating over that, my point was simply that if Kunkka becomes a top pick in competitive he will have a role similar to Tusk right now. Either as a support or as a dual offlane hero, not as a mid. Because like Tusk the skills that make him stupidly strong don't require him to have farm. Max Q and E and go for early kills. And if for some reason he gets farm after arcanes and dagger he can get a crystalys or something.

Actually that's probably a good comparison. After the inevitable Tusk nerfs he's going to be the new Tusk.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » December 13, 2015 9:47am | Report
Nah Earth Spirit will be the new Tusk. No Kappa.

Imagine though, if Icefrog nerfed Dazzle, Wyvern and Tusk, only to bring Kunkka, Earth Spirit and Oracle to the fray instead.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved