Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting Crap on Other Threads) 1440 posts - page 126 of 144
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 11, 2016 7:27am | Report
New aggro is ****ing garage btw. Every time you aggro creeps, all 3 melees go for the ranged nerd so you can't safely cs the ranged one while at the same time enemy creeps make quick work of your ranged and you have to retreat to tower, missing cs and giving free melee wave to the enemy. That's so annoying I think I'll have to ditch the habit of aggroing creeps on safelane unless I'm in a rly dire situation. So far it does more harm than good.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » May 11, 2016 8:01am | Report
Isn't part of the point of being a good core being hitting good item timings in spite of laning conditions? Because really good cores can and do find a way to hit great item timings despite a death or two, or despite a poor start.

Item timings do matter, but they are circumstance dependant. Your job as a core in part is to hit good timings in spite of poor circumstances. And if you can't do that, find other ways to stay relevent through-out the game.

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 11, 2016 8:59am | Report
ChiChi wrote:

My point was only to understand some type of goal in farming, so I can know what to work towards

Look at it in terms of CS then, not in terms of item timings. Best to look at how many CS you can get in the first 10 minutes of the game.

There are 80 creeps you can last hit. This, plus what you can get from the jungle.

A good score is 70 CS in the first 10 minutes. In a freefarm lane with good jungle usage, you can go up to 90-95.

This way you have a metric that works on every core, you don't have to look into the specifics.

ChiChi wrote:

for instance, regardless of those circumstances you pointed out, I should have a Shadow Blade on Slark by all means at 20 min, which is something I didn't know and I still haven't achieved.

Sure that's a really late shadowblyat, but from that alone I can't tell if you messed up something or if your lane just sucked.

ChiChi wrote:

You said some important stuff: "Like learn aggro tricks to get the creeps towards you when laning against ranged heroes

Creeps will aggro any hero in a 500 range of them when he's right-clicking an enemy hero, for 2.5 seconds. And it has a 2.5 second cooldown.
You need to abuse the hell out of that. Essentially you aggro the creeps on purpose by right-clicking an enemy hero and moving back, to pull them towards you and make them easier to last hit out of harass range.
I agree Dimony the new aggro is worse for that. But you can still do it by moving your hero around instead of moving him back, so that they aggro the melee creeps and not the ranged creep. You just run in circles for a while, like you do when your supports pull when they shouldn't be and you don't want the creeps to come under the tower :)

ChiChi wrote:

learn to use the 24 second hard camp pull to get additional farm

As a carry you can pull yourself, you don't need your supports to do it. The hard camp is the best, because by pulling it at :24 or :54 you stack it as well. So you get a free double hard camp, that's a ton of cash.

Of course you only do that if you can contest it from the offlaner, so it's mostly useful in freefarm-ish lanes, or if you have a skill like Mystic Snake or Overwhelming Odds so that no-one can contest it from you.

ChiChi wrote:

know when you should straight up leave your safe lane and go farm another lane instead

There are offlaners who will kick your *** no matter what you do. Undying, Lich, Dark Seer, Broodmother, you get the idea.
Sometimes you just need to acknowledge that the lane is lost and go find your farm elsewhere.
If your picks aren't too greedy you can either go jungle, mid or offlane. Often people don't do that and sit in the safe lane and feed.
Essentially the heroes that can shut you down in lane can't follow you if you start moving around the map for farm.

ChiChi wrote:

I have been having a lot of fun playing core, but I suck *** still, and the fact that I can't play more than around 3 or 4 games per week hurts. I have to turn around completely my game mentality (not run into fights to sacrifice for other people, etc), and that's the hardest thing for me to do so far - along with farming. Arg hitting creeps is so annoying...

For when to fight and when to farm, just look at how your hero scales. This way you know when he's weak and when he's strong. For example Slark needs an item to initiate and survivability items like SnY, Skadi and BKB. When you don't have that, your hero is weak and you should farm it, when you have it you should fight. That's why the typical Slark farms for 15 minutes and then starts fighting a lot.

Generally playing support makes you a better carry, and vice versa. Or more accurately, playing support teaches you how not to play carry, and playing carry teaches you how not to play support :)

So the transition shouldn't be that hard.

Just, you should learn to hate creeps. Let the genocide begin :)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 11, 2016 9:53am | Report
Thanks Hamster, I'm studying all you said and it's very useful!

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » May 11, 2016 2:35pm | Report
ChiChi wrote:

Thanks Hamster, I'm studying all you said and it's very useful!

If you're wanting to play core roles, my carry's outta town this weekend and I'm going to need a standin for him.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 11, 2016 3:26pm | Report
Fedorable wrote:

If you're wanting to play core roles, my carry's outta town this weekend and I'm going to need a standin for him.

I'm sorry, but I can't play this weekend because I have the boyfriend coming over :)

Anyways you don't want me to standin for your core, trust me ahah

But! Guys, thanks for the help, I'm getting better: http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2356403820 :)

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 11, 2016 5:33pm | Report
Did somebody say they needed a standin carry? I can play on most servers, if I'm awake which is no guarantee.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » May 11, 2016 6:01pm | Report
what timezone you in?

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » May 11, 2016 6:54pm | Report
and depends on your solo mmr

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » May 11, 2016 7:03pm | Report
My solo is 3.2s something.

Party is 1.5 if I remember.

But if it's week ends it's unlikely. Also, SEA and anywhere close only, I can't last hit with 200 ping. Tried it before and it wasn't fun

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved