Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Opinions Please! (For university project)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Thread Locked

This thread has been locked by the moderators, you cannot reply to it.

<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum
Forum » Off Topic » Opinions Please! (For university project) 61 posts - page 3 of 7
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » January 26, 2015 11:26pm | Report
i get my opinion from the newspaper and the internet.

I come from india And i am 18 years Old :D

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Smuggels » January 27, 2015 12:28am | Report
I'm surprised i haven't seen this thread yet.

also im incredibly saddened at some of the way you guys think.

Unscathed wrote:

The killing is controversial, sure,

But the caricature itself is offensive.

The killing may be controversial.

But offending a religion is just a **** move.

this scares me.

"killing is controversial."

i place enormous stock in how people say things. The fact that you describe it using that word is not only personally scary, since i know you, but also culturally scary.

There is a culture or notion prevalent throughout most of the world that you cant say anything demeaning about a religion.

All religions have this "stipulation".

you cant say anything about our religion because its our religion.

and if we retaliate then well hey ....you deserved it.

No.

A religion is something YOU believe in.

Not ME.

i can say what ever the **** i want to about it.

the fact that you use such a word as "controversial" is ... stupid. it belittles the act making it a isolated small or hotly contested debate. it turns what is and was a horrifying act of utter savagery in to a "Issue". by doing so you withdraw the perpetrators from the act and make them it into a discussion between two sides.

they walked into a room and shot people. they didn't express an issue they didnt say hey guys about that comic.

they.

shot.

innocent.

people.

that is not controversial.

that is barbaric, inhumane and completely, utterly unacceptable.

in using that word i have lost respect for you unscathed.

@wulfstan.

maybe conspiracy. maybe not. maybe aliens. maybe it was fundamentalists.

it doesn't matter.

@Yzreel.

i apologise in advance. for this being long.

education: year 12 TEE/ university degree/ plus 2 ECS non degree's
where i get my opinion?

i read and read and read and read and read. i follow the words. i see the word "Koran" and i go read the whole book. i see the word "Boko Haram" i go read the history of the group and the region where it happened i find out as best as i am able the truth behind a subject so that i am not incorrectly informed. IF i dont know the full factual information then i only comment on what i do know.

"when one can objectively look at ones own opinion then one can espouse said opinion. The ability to self-reflectively challenge a self held opinion is critical to progression of the mind and of society."

my OPINION on the whole issue is simple.

EDUCATION.

If there exists enough impartial education within this world so that none may go wondering on any issue then we would have no war, no poverty, no death, no religion.

knowledge is power.

the way of the world is frighteningly simple.

withhold the knowledge and then people act based upon what they know.

if all you "know" is that any insult directed at a book/person is punishable by death then ....how would you act? you would act based upon what you know. You have lived, been brought up in, taught constantly that to say anything against the Koran or the prophet is punishable by death then no wonder then act as they do.

if all you knew was that any person wearing orange was punishable by a punch to the face.
you went to school where it was taught that to wear orange meant u got punched in the face. where you went home and your mother and father said that if you wore orange you got punched in the face. if you then went and worked in society and you saw people every week get punched in the face for wearing orange.

you walk through a mall and you turn a corner and there stands a man wearing orange.

what would you do?

you would punch him in the face.

no imagine if you were taught that "Some" people wear orange but they arent part of your society though they live there they cant be punched in the face because they arent "part of it" only people who are "part of it" who wear orange get punched in the face. so you see people wearing orange every day and no one does anything. but then one day you see a person who is "part of it" wearing orange.

what would you do?
how would you act?

you would think well if they can wear orange and nothing happens to them then why is that he wears orange and he gets punished. arent they people also? WHY? arent we allowed to wear orange?

That^^^ is what they fear. by doing what we are doing. by wearing orange everyday. it forces those thoughts into the consciousness of the society.

if they are educated that they can think feel believe say what ever they want wear what ever they want.

how many would adhere to the "no orange" policy?

how many would still punch some one in face if they did?

Education is knowledge and knowledge is power.

If you were able to educate all of the people in the world to the same degree .... imagine.

Western culture and western people have been brought up in a critical thinking society. we question. we argue. we discuss. nothing is taboo. everything is worthy of pulling apart and thinking about. This society as a whole is not nessercarily better. but thats because we can ask "Is it better?"

i can question it.

imagine going into iran and saying "i dont think this is working can we have a chat about it?" want to know what will happen?

jail will happen.

i can go into canberra and say the exact same thing. want to know what will happen?

they will ask "why do you think that?" and they there will be discussion.

**** all will come of it but i can say that with out the fear of jail.

in saying all that i honestly don't feel i am eloquent enough. and also the probelm lies a lot closer to home in my mind.

so

here

read this.

“Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with Society, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression, fundamentalism and Terrorism. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. political correctness forces you to tone yourself and hold your tongue. Fear of offence is now what they use to hide behind How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. ”

and my personal favourite

"Dont rely on others to see to completing your education, if you do so a day will come when the knowledge needed to survive and prosper is required and on that day you will wail and cry 'help me for i do not know what to do' and i shall respond with 'oh child i gave you the tools, yet you did not raise them. I gave you the means, yet you did not use them But most of all i laid the knowledge you needed in front of you at the table of life yet you did not raise your head and look at it' this slow pale death of yours is of no fault of mine it is of your own doing"

I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL.... WITH FLUFFY BUNNIES

Smuggels

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (82)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RazeMage » January 27, 2015 1:11am | Report
I am 15 years old and i'm from Indonesia (most people here are Muslim, but i am a Christian)

I heard most of the stories from 9gag or sometimes from the TV, but mostly 9gag.

While I think that the Charlie Hebdo's art are a bit too offensive, but I think that doesn't deserve a shooting. Yeah, maybe that is very offensive but from what i learned in internet, many things are more offensive. e.x. Justin Bieber "bullying" are through the roof, people telling me to kill myself after playing a game of any MOBA are.... well.... you know.

I believed that what Charlie Hebdo is kind of a jerk that couldn't hold their mind about these religion thing. However, I still think they had the right to do that as people should have a freedom of speech. I suggested them to reduce their offensive carricatures, but that doesn't mean they should stop it.

To the shooter, i think what they did was truly truly stupid. Living in a country where most people are Muslim made me used to them and believed that they are truly a good people. I know exactly that violence is not taught in their religion. I don't understand why they were trying to be a jihad by doing this shooting. What makes them even stupider was the after effect of this. What they did was making people to hate Muslim even more. If they believed that Muslim is the right religion, they should convinced people to join them, not to scare them away. And if they were trying to be jihad, they are so selfish, trying to get to heaven themselves while scaring other people away to be able to go to heaven (if that's what they believed.

Sorry for bad English and late response :P

RazeMage

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 27, 2015 1:24am | Report
welp i know things gonna happen once i post here

Should I gave an honest opinion?

What i think of charlie hebdo now that he is dead: Good Riddance
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » January 27, 2015 1:37am | Report
So this is gonna be kinda off topic because i am not gonna comment on Charlie Hebdo shooting but on one of the polices getting killed.

About me: 16 years old Finnish boy. On the first year of vocational school.

So if you yet haven't read This link please read it first.

In news
iut has been told that Ahmed Merabet got killed by a terrorist who shot him in the head. There gas been this video clip showing Ahmed getting shot but it has been cencored so that we don't see Ahmed getting shot in his head. The video shows the terrorist moving towards Ahmed then cut and now we see the terrorist moving away from Ahmeds body. So thd
ey cencored him getting shot... i can understand that because not all of us can take it but there actually is another reason for the cencorization. He didn't get shot... I found a uncencored version of the video that clearly shows that the terrorist misses the polices head. There is two posibilities for this. 1st. The terrorist shoots past the polices head intentionally or then genuinly misses it, BUT if he misses the head and his intention is to kill the police, why doesn't he shoot again? No one knows.

Now somebody might think "is it sure that he missed the shot?"

Atleast with my judging skills it is sure that he missed the shot. 1st on the video it shows pretty clearly that the bullet hit the ground next to the polices head. 2nd I'm almoust sure that most of you guys have seen any kind of video where **** like watermelon gets shot with AK, and if you haven't i can say that it's really big mess (the melon explodes to pieces). So if a human gets shot in the head with an AK it will be a really big mess. Blood everywhever. But on the video there is no blood anywhere near the polices head.

The coclusion is that the police didn't get shot by the terrorists and that the media and Frances goverment are lying to us.

End
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 27, 2015 2:03am | Report
ElDiablo wrote:

So this is gonna be kinda off topic because i am not gonna comment on Charlie Hebdo shooting but on one of the polices getting killed.

About me: 16 years old Finnish boy. On the first year of vocational school.

So if you yet haven't read This link please read it first.

In news
iut has been told that Ahmed Merabet got killed by a terrorist who shot him in the head. There gas been this video clip showing Ahmed getting shot but it has been cencored so that we don't see Ahmed getting shot in his head. The video shows the terrorist moving towards Ahmed then cut and now we see the terrorist moving away from Ahmeds body. So thd
ey cencored him getting shot... i can understand that because not all of us can take it but there actually is another reason for the cencorization. He didn't get shot... I found a uncencored version of the video that clearly shows that the terrorist misses the polices head. There is two posibilities for this. 1st. The terrorist shoots past the polices head intentionally or then genuinly misses it, BUT if he misses the head and his intention is to kill the police, why doesn't he shoot again? No one knows.

Now somebody might think "is it sure that he missed the shot?"

Atleast with my judging skills it is sure that he missed the shot. 1st on the video it shows pretty clearly that the bullet hit the ground next to the polices head. 2nd I'm almoust sure that most of you guys have seen any kind of video where **** like watermelon gets shot with AK, and if you haven't i can say that it's really big mess (the melon explodes to pieces). So if a human gets shot in the head with an AK it will be a really big mess. Blood everywhever. But on the video there is no blood anywhere near the polices head.

The coclusion is that the police didn't get shot by the terrorists and that the media and Frances goverment are lying to us.

End

That's what happened with a watermelon with a thin layer and not a very full interior.

Human's skull is different.

Hard layer, and not that ez exploding

I think what will happen if you got struck by an AK bullet is you will get pushed from your standing point but no your head will not explode like that pitiful watermelon

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by RazeMage » January 27, 2015 2:06am | Report
wangyuphing wrote:

That's what happened with a watermelon with a thin layer and not a very full interior.

Human's skull is different.

Hard layer, and not that ez exploding

I think what will happen if you got struck by an AK bullet is you will get pushed from your standing point but no your head will not explode like that pitiful watermelon

Though, i think it should produce a bit of blood splatter. There is nothing in the "un"censored video

RazeMage

Notable (2)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by wangyuphing » January 27, 2015 2:10am | Report
RazeMage wrote:

Though, i think it should produce a bit of blood splatter. There is nothing in the "un"censored video

Well to tell you the truth i haven't watched this "un"censored video you are talking about. Yes it will produce not a bit, but a pretty load of blood. Like a bloodspray, if i must say. Though you need to pay attention to the shooter. The 7.62×39mm round aint jokes dude. When you shoot it you yourself will get pushed, as the recoil is pretty hard. Well, it's another story if you are using AR-15...

wangyuphing

Notable (9)
Steam: Pandora
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » January 27, 2015 2:32am | Report
>Possibility of Media lying to us
>Not surprised
>Suggest diablo to post to reddit
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ElDiablo » January 27, 2015 2:41am | Report
Unscathed wrote:

>Possibility of Media lying to us
>Not surprised
>Suggest diablo to post to reddit

>Not knowing how to green text properly :^)
Master of the hidden art of typoing and the greatest enemy of RNGesus

Check out my second hero idea Izinaga the Guardian

ElDiablo

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (10)
Steam: ElDiablo
<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >>
Forum

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved