Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Help with LoL

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » Off Topic » Help with LoL 25 posts - page 2 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KoDyAbAbA » November 15, 2015 7:59pm | Report
I recently started playing LoL again, just for the heck of it.

so there I was, trying to support this ******** draven in my lane while playing morgana and I realised something, I could solo kill so hard with this hero! so I went mid and got a kill.Then went top.Then bot.

Before I knew it I had zhonya's, dethcap, RoA, Void sceptre and whatnot.I owned those mofos.

my point being. why is the game so ****ing easy. I mean I have seen ADC's melt in front of that crazy blinking ***** and little blue thing with a trident even when ADC's are like 6 slots.The scalability is so much that as the game goes long, people who havent played as a team for like 40 minutes are suddenly forced to do so since all 5 heroes on both sides are 6-slotted and **** has hit the ****ing GE90 (aviation joke, pls ignore).

My point is, carrying solo in the low tiers is so damn easy, it ain't even funny. and if the game goes late, its not fun anymore.

KoDyAbAbA

Memorable (65)
Steam: Sir Rat-A-Lot
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » November 15, 2015 9:48pm | Report
if the game goes late enough that everyone is 6 slotted, then the fun starts. but most games end way before that, and ends in a stomp by one team, especially in low tiers. Most of the time, its one person in the winning team gaining such a big advantage and carries his team, while the rest of his average team gets carried to victory.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » November 16, 2015 12:57am | Report
I stopped playing because I hated the community in the few games I played and I had basically nobody to play with other than 1 friend, I got flamed every time I missed a spell, got flamed for not using ult when I wasn't even level 6 yet pft.

The only gamemode I actually played solo was ARDM lawl.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » November 16, 2015 4:36am | Report
Only thing I still played from time to time was Dominion, but then Spooky doto arena came by. Never looked back. I stopped playing because each champion seemed very similar to the other and the powercreep is unreal in that game. (at least at the point where I left, I see now that they are trying to overhaul stuff).

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » November 16, 2015 9:15am | Report
KoDyAbAbA wrote:

I recently started playing LoL again, just for the heck of it.

so there I was, trying to support this ******** draven in my lane while playing morgana and I realised something, I could solo kill so hard with this hero! so I went mid and got a kill.Then went top.Then bot.

Before I knew it I had zhonya's, dethcap, RoA, Void sceptre and whatnot.I owned those mofos.

my point being. why is the game so ****ing easy. I mean I have seen ADC's melt in front of that crazy blinking ***** and little blue thing with a trident even when ADC's are like 6 slots.The scalability is so much that as the game goes long, people who havent played as a team for like 40 minutes are suddenly forced to do so since all 5 heroes on both sides are 6-slotted and **** has hit the ****ing GE90 (aviation joke, pls ignore).

My point is, carrying solo in the low tiers is so damn easy, it ain't even funny. and if the game goes late, its not fun anymore.

People that die easily ≠ Easy game

ADCs are supposed to be weak people, who alone are pretty much nothing (apart from preseason Graves which is broken af but nvm that right now). They are great with at least support by their side, but usually need frontline to peel and support to bring them utility to maximize their usefulness. I am an ADC main, and I have to be wary of assassins and position myself properly and my bruiser and support have to peel for me, or we lose the teamfight.

Quoted:
I stopped playing because I hated the community in the few games

Ehh, the community isn't great in LoL or DotA most of the time, but I can't say DotA has better community than LoL or vice versa.

Quoted:
Grass that can hide you? Free TP back to base? Free wards?

Different game, different mechanics. What a surprise!

Quoted:
I bought this Bloodseeker rip off (Vladimir?) and I had a KDA of like 4.0 for the first couple of games.
And Ability Power? Like what the hell is this I can just increase my magic damage as much as I want? Also the graphics bug me especially the shop menu it look sreally clunky like Dota 1.

No champion is really a rip-off of Bloodseeker (+ Bloodseeker got changed a while ago while Vladimir has stayed pretty much the same for 6 years?).

Ability power isn't really that cheap, and getting purely it will ruin your utility or defensive stats, which have a lot of emphasis in LoL. And mages' autoattacks are very poor and deal no damage, so they are dependent on their abilities. This means most mages want to get CDR, AP, Armor, MR and some actives.

Quoted:
But no. If You want to play a different hero in league, you a) get to buy them w/ real money or a hell of a lot of building up in-game currency (like 200 games or some crazy ****) or b) you can play the free hero rotation which all the other scrubs are playing and they will probably want to steal the one you want to play.

The point is that you'll try out a lot of different champions and learn to play with them and against them. And it takes about 20 wins to actually get the expensive champions and something around 4 wins to get the cheapest ones lol.

Quoted:
Also I felt like it was a single player game, literally such easy kills without support or stunner or anything.

Yes, you can shine alone in lower Elos. In higher Elos people punish you for your mistakes and move together, so going alone without proper ward coverage is just really stupid.

Seriously guys. Think of it like this; you like dark chocolate and taste white chocolate for the first time and don't like it, because it is different. It doesn't mean that it is bad because it tastes different (and white chocolate is made differently as well though).

Don't knock the game off, especially if you have only played in lower Elos and normals after you've played rankeds in decent MMR in DotA 2. It is way different when you actually start to play competitively. I gave DotA 2 a chance and actually game to ask help here - I only got positive replies and tips instead of people telling me how much better DotA 2 is than LoL for which I am thankful for. I could make up my own mind and even enjoy a game or two of DotA 2 every now and then.

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
Steam: Cottontail Teemo
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » November 16, 2015 4:57pm | Report
Thanks so much for the responses guys!

Here's what I gather:

About actually playing League
  • It's ok if you just want to troll around with some friends
  • It's better than playing alone
  • Switch back to DotA when you're playing solo (I agree)
  • DotAfire people will continue to be AWESOME so I stay in DotA and not League. *wink

About League itself
  • It favours more individual skill than teamwork, often leading to one person carrying the whole team
  • You have to buy champs. :c
  • You get flamed a lot

@Sanvitch

Thanks for all the tips. I'm sure they'll be useful in the future!

@Jani

Sure! I may not add you on Skype, but I'll make sure to say hi on Mobafire!

I understand what you mean... But I'm asking about League on a DotA site, so I'm expecting a more DotA favoured side of the story. I will ask on Mobafire as well.

@Blubbles

Thanks for making me more reluctant to go over to LoL

Thanks so much everyone!
TheSofa

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » November 16, 2015 10:10pm | Report
Well I am just disagreeing with points that have 0% truth behind them :^)

And you can use your dotafire username and password to login on mobafire

EDIT: I'd still prefer that Skype btw. I could answer to your questions and you'd get 100% more accurate and better answers than asking on the forums (there are a lot of silvers and bronzes - no offense to them but they are there for a reason)

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » November 17, 2015 12:07am | Report
i don't know about 100%...

maybe a 70-80% would be more accurate?

Spoiler: Click to view

I have to admit though, i used to think league was just a second rate rip off of dota, but now that i am actually playing it, i feel that it does have a lot of areas where riot did a fantastic job.

It has a very engaging game-play that encourages a lot of action, meaning that players will find themselves in a lot of fights compared to Dota 2, and game-play revolving around team-fights mean that there are less rats, afk farmers, and other things that dota 2 players regard as "dirty play-styles". Not to say that they don't exist, but it is just rarer.

The revolving champions that need to be unlocked, although frowned upon by dota players most of the time, is also a good thing if we look from another perspective. New players that haven't bought any champions yet are forced to play the free rotation, and through that they can find new champions that they enjoy, instead of sticking with one hero for 100 games like in Dota 2. They can also take their time to get used to the 10 free champions every week, with occasional players using champions they bought. In dota 2, the 110+ heroes are free, which means players can enjoy the full scale of heroes form the start, but it also means that it will be harder for new players to get used to all the heroes.

Runes and Masteries are one thing that i am not a huge fan of, since it basically means that players who play more have a big advantage over those who just play casually, but it also means that Riot / Garena wants to reward those who are dedicated to the game, and not those who just play for 50 games then leave. It also gives players a sense of achievement, and encourages them to keep playing and not quit so easily.

Jani can correct me if i am wrong, and he can continue form where i left off. I'll maybe write more if i think or experience more in my games.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » November 17, 2015 1:31am | Report
My sense of snobbishness means I just have to say

L U C K F E A G U E

But I'm surprised there are so many 'moba *****s' on here, as my friend refers to them. What is it that draws you?
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Janitsu » November 17, 2015 7:07am | Report
Terathiel wrote:

My sense of snobbishness means I just have to say

L U C K F E A G U E

But I'm surprised there are so many 'moba *****s' on here, as my friend refers to them. What is it that draws you?

What do you mean with that?

Janitsu
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (74)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved