Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

How do I stop reborn client from running?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » How do I stop reborn client from running? 19 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hahaurheads » September 10, 2015 8:48am | Report
Yesterday I launched the reborn client to try out some custom games

today I realized when I click the Dota2 icon in my desktop, the reborn client runs instead of
the normal game client.

how can I change revert back the changes so that it runs the normal client instead?

i like how smooth gameplays are on reborn, but I'm not really comfortable with the design of current
interface

hahaurheads

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 10, 2015 8:55am | Report
You can't, they've changed it over completely. RIP good UI.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 10, 2015 9:03am | Report
Yup. We're all condemned to bare with Reborn for EVER.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by hahaurheads » September 10, 2015 9:26am | Report
Hah that's a funny joke

Now tell me how do I revert it back or I'll kill myself

hahaurheads

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » September 10, 2015 9:32am | Report
ahahah are you for realz mate? We're not joking! They have been announcing it for months now, it was in beta, that's why you could chose beetween dotas. now it has come to the main client.

Some instructions because we don't want you killing yourself: https://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1/?l=english

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yzreel » September 10, 2015 9:44am | Report

Sorry dude, please don't kill yourself
At least wait for dota 3 to come out (oh wait, does reborn count as dota 3 and Gabe just doesn't want to count to 3?)
My hero ideas
Yzreel Hero Arsenal

Yzreel

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (30)
Steam: Yzreel
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » September 10, 2015 10:19am | Report
Yzreel wrote:

does reborn count as dota 3

Only thing I see is dota 2 with a different main menu. Calling this dota 3 would be the biggest ripoff in gaming history ;)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » September 10, 2015 12:57pm | Report
Hamstertamer wrote:

Only thing I see is dota 2 with a different main menu. Calling this dota 3 would be the biggest ripoff in gaming history ;)

Well, it *is* Valve...
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » September 10, 2015 3:12pm | Report
Terathiel wrote:

Well, it *is* Valve...

Exaxtly, its valve. They dont know what 3 is.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » September 10, 2015 3:16pm | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Exaxtly, its valve. They dont know what 3 is.

Young Man, I suggest you don't put our plans to question.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved