Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Flamers: who would want them?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Flamers: who would want them? 25 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 15, 2014 8:58am | Report
So I played a match today with Luna, and which I stated in another thread I'm not very good at her. I was laning with a natures prophet who started flaming at me because I wasn't attacking creeps AKA: auto attacking. So he started calling out to the enemy team: GG, my team sucks, and: GG luna lost game because she won't attack creeps. Sure, I made a mistake or two, but the worst part was that he was worse than everyone else. He couldn't use skills effectively, aka his tree ability, trapping etc. He didn't help me at all, and he died the most times on the team. I don't mind if someone is bad, I just presume they're new or aren't having a good match, but these kind of people make me really want to stop playing dota. He told me to leave etc. but I didn't abandon because that's not what I do. Anyway, I wish I could play a match where this didn't happen, but 75% of the time it does. Just felt like sharing my pain with some other peoples :,(

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Bunkansee
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2014 9:01am | Report
Yeah, peoples are mean. Why are you even laning with a Prophet?? Like, I assume you went safe lane, like carries do, and isn't nature prophet supposed to go offlane?

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 15, 2014 9:05am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Yeah, peoples are mean. Why are you even laning with a Prophet?? Like, I assume you went safe lane, like carries do, and isn't nature prophet supposed to go offlane?

I don't know... Lycan was jungle, and I had to go hard lane. Anti Mage was safe lane solo, and QOP was mid. He though he was the bomb but he sucked more than me, and that's saying something. If he was bad but didn't flame I wouldn't care, but the fact he though he was so great just annoys me so much. Screw him is all I think, I just ignored him for most of the game.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2014 9:08am | Report
Um... Luna and AM on the same team? O_O

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 15, 2014 9:09am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

Um... Luna and AM on the same team? O_O

Yep apparently, I was the third pick, so I just put it upon the ones who haven't picked yet to balance it out. AM hadn't been picked yet so I thought someone would play support or something. But apparently not.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2014 9:13am | Report
:(

Yeah... It's better to play support in pubs because most people want to play carry... And, 5 supports are better than 5 carries.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunkansee » July 15, 2014 9:15am | Report
TheSofa wrote:

:(

Yeah... It's better to play support in pubs because most people want to play carry... And, 5 supports are better than 5 carries.

Although supports are my favourites I just enjoy being able to mow down everything in my path, unfortunately I don't get the chance to try.

Bunkansee
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 15, 2014 10:08am | Report
It sucks if you have flamers in your team, and the worst they can do is reduce morale for you and the entire team. Just ignore them, prove that you are actually better than they are, and they will start looking up to you in the end.

Short version : Mute them and go on.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 15, 2014 11:11am | Report
Get to higher levels, and there are less. The issue is, the remaining ones are the worst.
Take this match as an example. Yes, I was 5 stacked. Our bounty got 2 rapiers (he never lost them, actually. He could one shot huskar. Pretty funny) and owned. Apparantly if a right click hero is owning, then it's ok, but the moment I got off a triple kill, the enemy bane just kinda went : "Lol invoker here thinks he's awesome cause the BH is carrying. ******* nub."

I hadn't even said anything that whole game except to my team.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 15, 2014 11:29am | Report
Bunkansee wrote:

Although supports are my favourites I just enjoy being able to mow down everything in my path, unfortunately I don't get the chance to try.

So does everyone else. XD

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved