Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA 2 Smalltalk

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA 2 Smalltalk 213 posts - page 2 of 22
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by KEEP CALM AND FEED » April 3, 2016 11:02pm | Report
Someone give me reps or medals or.something

KEEP CALM AND FEED

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (15)
Steam: KEEP CALM AND FEED
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 4, 2016 12:45am | Report
Lifestealer is pretty good against the golem, he can pretty much eat it without taking much damage. It's pretty easy to kite. Failing that, blink Doom or any extended silence will do the trick.

Here's mine - opposition have picked mid Invoker, who are the best heroes to lane against him?
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » April 4, 2016 1:05am | Report
Sando wrote:

Here's mine - opposition have picked mid Invoker, who are the best heroes to lane against him?

I'm thinking a double lane of Io+ Tiny. Tiny can CS well, Io will take care of regen, and Overcharge enables Tiny to run up Invoker and get a kill.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » April 4, 2016 1:19am | Report
Sp3ctr3 wrote:

How do you even deal with Warlock's Golem now that you can destroy them with purge? At least early in the game the golem is extremely powerful and if Warlock is able to get an early Aghs you are pretty much fu*ked.

R[A]t doto and/or AOE counterpush. Warlock's skillset is extremely specialized and only has any use in large scale teamfights and big pushes. In skirmishes he's dead weight.
Playstyle counters are better than direct counters in that case.

Sando wrote:

Ogre Magi, with the "Nerf Bat" cosmetic item equipped.
Omniknight, with the "Nerf Hammer"
Sniper, with the "Nerf Gun"
Treant Protector, with the "Magic Nerf Stick".

No seriously. You can't do jack. When a hero hits for 120+ damage at level 5...there's no way to contest CS or anything. The previous Shadow Fiend meta clearly shows that there's no direct counter to ultra high right-click damage mid heroes. The only thing you can do is MAJOR mid hate from supports. Sit mid with any roaming supports and buy heaps of dust. You absolutely need to shut him down early and hard. He has 280 MS, the worst in the game, so he's really an easy kill in the very early game, far more so than SF.

I can list the heroes that don't lose mid to Invoker if you want...but none of them will win the matchup. Only draw the 1 vs 1 at best and have decent kill potential with support ganks.

- Puck
- Templar Assassin (skill based, and honestly a good Invoker will destroy TA)
- Legion Commander
- Lone Druid
- Venomancer
- Death Prophet
- Windranger
- Skywrath Mage
- Shadow Fiend
- Razor
- outworld devourer

And, my personal favorite... Broodmother mid. Actually...she can win that matchup, probably the only one really.

Viper gets destroyed btw, don't even try.

Another good thing you can do is pick Bane, sit mid with Enfeeble and set up any skillshot.

TLDR, camp mid and hate on him hard, since the only exploitable weakness of the hero is his 280 base MS, especially since almost every Invoker goes Q/E these days.

Invoker is countered mostly by your other roles, not by your mid hero pick. There are great carry picks against him for example, OK offlaner picks and OK support picks, but for mid counters, not really. Probably should consider support Pugna for maximum hate.

Another tip : use the power of Blade Mail, a timeless counter to OSFrog heroes XD
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » April 4, 2016 3:15am | Report
I think outworld devourer ***** on Invoker. Actually he does on pretty much any mid matchup except the Broodmother shenanigans.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » April 4, 2016 4:04am | Report

Can anyone tell me the itemisation for earth spirit? Like, do I rush an aghs after arcane boots? Or do I get blink then aghs?

Start with oov for sure.
Arcanes, urn if you think you need it. After that it's either veil or aether lens. I've been building aether lens a lot as first item since you already have half of the build up from arcanes, but a lot of the chinese pro players are rushing veil, which is really good too (stats, more dmg). Both are fine, but I think you should still build aether lens even if you get veil. After that it's aghs.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by UltraSuperHyper » April 4, 2016 4:51am | Report
@Caine
Thanks! I never really get an OOV although I tend to get an urn in most games. I never build aether lens however. Guess I'll try it.

UltraSuperHyper

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (12)
Steam: UltraSuperHyper
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » April 4, 2016 5:00am | Report
Wulfstan wrote:

I think outworld devourer ***** on Invoker. Actually he does on pretty much any mid matchup except the Broodmother shenanigans.

Only before you can cast orb on him, which pretty much means until he gets his forge + cold snap. OW is easier, but not much. I'd actually say Invoker is a counter to OD mid simply because he does not suck against OD.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by caine1232 » April 4, 2016 5:19am | Report

@Caine
Thanks! I never really get an OOV although I tend to get an urn in most games. I never build aether lens however. Guess I'll try it.

ES as a support has very low potential to zone offlaners, with OOV it's a bit harder for offlaners to trade with him. Also the slow is really good to have after you roll in onto someone. Aether lens is really good, but the full potential comes when you have aghs. The pull range is INSANE and it increases the tiny enchant remnant range to an acceptable one.
You suggested blink in the first post, I think it's fine after aghs but before it's not needed earlier. If you blink into 3 heroes you are going to die before you refresh your ult twice. ES doesn't want to be in the middle of the fight for very long. He wants to be on the edge doing kicks and pulls. YOLO blinking/rolling in isn't very good.
Also, another major item some of the better players build is guardian greaves. I never really used that build because I'm too poor as a support and my timing on the mek would be too late, but if you get a large amount of gold it's really good.

caine1232

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » April 4, 2016 5:28am | Report
Thanks guys - this at least reassures me I'm not missing something obvious about trying to matchup :)

Wulfstan wrote:

I'd thought this too...and while it's possible I just got outplayed, actually found this quite difficult. He's got such a long range it's quite hard to get close enough to land an Orb on him (esp. uphill) without taking harassment.

The only way to guarantee it is you Astral Imprisonment him first...but that's list 120 mana at least, plus 100 for each orb you throw. Essence Aura isn't really reliable enough early on to necessarily help you. Say you land 3 hits...that's 420 mana to gain 6 damage for 40 seconds...meh. You'd need quite a few levels to make this worthwhile.
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved