Key strategic elements to consider when playing Storm Spirit
- Rune control is very important. Arcane and Regeneration runes can easily win you the fight or allow you to get a pick-off.
- Stack the nearest jungle camp and clear it after addressing lane creeps. It is very important to hit level 6 as soon as possible to make yourself less gankable.
- If you have a really good start, get Orchid as soon as possible. It will allow you to pick-off most of the heroes on the map.
- You can right-click and use spells and items during Ball Lightning, including teleport.
- Mana management is the key. The more mana you have the more damage you can do. Be full mana if you expect fight to break out.
- Don`t spend all of your mana on initial jump. Preserve some to be able to disengage.
- When leaving the fountain, you can Ball Lightning beyond tier 4 towers while bottling and still be full mana.
- Target backliners. They are squishy and Storm has no issue gap-closing.
- Static Remnant provides flying vision around itself which can be useful to scout Roshan or rune spawn and give you vision in tree lines.
- Ball Lightning destroys trees in its path.
- Storm Spirit is one of the best Aegis/Cheese carriers as he utilizes the mana he gets back really well.
- Level 20 Vortex talent along with Aghanim`s Scepter mimics Reverse Polarity but on 16s cooldown.
- In late game you can fly over and kill the creeps that opponents are looking to push with.
Main item and ability combo
Ball Lightning => Attack => Static Remnant => Attack => Electric Vortex => Attack => Static Remnant => Attack
You can use this guide in Dota 2 by subscribing on Steam: In-game Guide
Find out more about Storm Spirit on Dota Coach's Heropedia
This guide was written by BaLLooN, a 7.8k DotA 2 player based in SEA with 17 years of experience: View Gamer Profile