Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Biggest Hero power spikes from a key item

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Biggest Hero power spikes from a key item 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » July 3, 2016 1:09am | Report
I was talking to Safecyn some time ago, we were testing bots, KotL and PL lane, and he said something interesting, he said that he thinks that PL getting Diffusal Blade was the biggest power spike of all heroes in Dota. I was a bit more skeptical, maybe because I have been underwhelmed with PL for the entire duration of the patch.

That leads to me ask, which heroes in Dota do you think get the biggest power spike from one key item? This does not count multiple items, so no "Medusa with Skadi, Crit, and Mjollnir"

Some of the things that came to mind:
Anti-Mage with Manta Style: Huge for his damage output, lets him ruin silences, basically massively boosts his burst damage by putting a target near deadly Void threshold.
Pugna with Aghanim's Scepter: No ult CD, and increase in damage. This item lets you clean up entire teamfights, while normal Life Drain is once per teamfight.
Riki with Diffusal Blade: Like PL, but now you can't kill him with dusts, and he can totally kill your supports and even your high positions.
Sven with Echo Saber: This tends to be the exact point in the game where Sven starts magically wiping teamfights with his double god's strength attack and the mana to spam warcry to farm faster.
Bloodstone on Storm Spirit + Timbersaw + Leshrac: The most bloodstone dependent heroes in the game become extremely capable of farming and very dangerous snowballers once they get ahold of this item, while being prone to running out beforehand.
Armlet of Mordiggian on Huskar: This armor boost is huge for this guy, especially with the way his skillset works and how he is ranged. Dealing with a 9 minute armlet on Huskar is a real scare.
Boots of Travel on Tinker: Global mobility and freedom to vacuum all that money to yourself starts with the travels.
Radiance on Naga Siren and Spectre: Makes both ladies into huge threats, one to supports and the other to creeps.
Blink Dagger: Arguably the biggest one on key heroes (SK, Axe, Magnus, Centaur, Shaker) who want to be in the right place for all purposes.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by The Frosto » July 3, 2016 2:26am | Report
I think that mobility items in general often change a hero completely. It is hard to just take one hero but most of the time a Blink Dagger or also a Shadow Blade do change the game a lot. If I play Silencer mid it is pretty hard to get kills until you get your Shadow Blade so you can get godlike in less than 15 minutes.

Blink Dagger and Shadow Blade are the 2 biggest snowball items in the game so they often are a turning item when a snowbal her gets them. Templar Assassin, Legion Commander and Slark are all heroes that benefits extremely from the extra mobility and can take over games with the kills they gain with these kills.

Heroes like Enigma, Lion, Earthshaker, Magnus and others don't snowball from a Blink Dagger but they become a big threat because of their crowd control.

I don't really know which hero would gain the biggest power spike but the item who delivers the biggest power spike in general is Blink Dagger and Shadow Blade in a lesser degree.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in it.
-Cicero

And still every dota player flames someone else instead of himself.

The Frosto

Notable (14)
Steam: The Frosto
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 3, 2016 2:29am | Report
Radiance on Lone Druid. You literally single-handedly win the game off of it.

Aghanim's Scepter on Meepo also qualifies. You come out with 4 Meepos at the 10 min mark, they can't do anything to stop it.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » July 3, 2016 2:49am | Report
2 patches ago I'd say Necro on Zet but now I think I'll go with Storm BS.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 3, 2016 2:53am | Report
Radiance on lone druid is nice and all, but if you get radiance on naga at an acceptable timing, it's 90% gg.

Although technically,... Nah. Not anymore. I would have said that PL diffusal is the biggest power spike as a standalone before to after comparison, diffusal just makes PL from "hey, this guy is annoying" to "AARRRGGG!!EVERYBODY RUN FROM HIM", but ever since diffusal lost 20% of its power on PL, that no longer holds true as much. Still a pretty big upgrade though.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 3, 2016 3:01am | Report
A Naga with radiance can lose rax easily before she gets her 2nd item. Naga needs radiance + 1 or 2 other items, radiance alone doesn't cut it.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by masaaki14 » July 3, 2016 3:11am | Report
Imagine a naga with 15min radiance. 5 minutes later she has BoTs and yasha, another 10 minutes later she has Manta, octarine, and probably a diffusal. Unless your team can deal with a 15 min radiance, and win in the next 15 minutes, you'll probably need to bring it to the lategame and be stuck in your base until the game ends, one way or another.

masaaki14

Notable (11)
Steam: masaaki14
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 3, 2016 7:02am | Report
To be quite honest, it'd be a Lion with Observer Wards. The game is pretty much won with that hero + item pair.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » July 3, 2016 7:11am | Report
masaaki14 wrote:

Imagine a naga with 15min radiance. 5 minutes later she has BoTs and yasha, another 10 minutes later she has Manta, octarine, and probably a diffusal. Unless your team can deal with a 15 min radiance, and win in the next 15 minutes, you'll probably need to bring it to the lategame and be stuck in your base until the game ends, one way or another.

Well yeah, when Naga gets radiance, you have 15 minutes to get her rax before you're in a pretty bad situation.
The thing is, 15 minutes is a huge timing window. A Naga with radiance and no survivability items is actually not that hard to deal with, and she can't counterpush properly because her illusions die in 3 hits.
Especially if she goes yasha/Bots, two items that do literally nothing.

TheSofa wrote:

To be quite honest, it'd be a Lion with Observer Wards. The game is pretty much won with that hero + item pair.

I actually agree in some way. Wards are really a game changer.

You can still feed a lot though :)

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyphoid returns » July 3, 2016 7:26am | Report
Get octarine first with bots thrown in on naga. No point in getting yasha, you farm with riptide, radiance burn, and mirror image administers just that.

You heard it from the frog here.
Go On, Feed Me.

Kyphoid returns

Remarkable (42)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved