Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The Shanghai Major Main Event Begins

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » News » The Shanghai Major Main Event Begins 3 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » March 1, 2016 6:07pm | Report

The Shanghai Major Main Event Begins

March 1, 2016 - Dota Team

With the dust still settling after four days of intense Group Stage matches, The Shanghai Major Playoffs begin today. While the top two teams from each group have earned some breathing room and best-of-three matches, the bottom eight teams find themselves facing consecutive rounds of best-of-one elimination matches to stay alive in the tournament.

Each of these teams regroups with dreams of replicating the lower-bracket run that turned OG into Frankfurt Major Champions, but the strong performances of the top eight teams give no indication any will be obstacles easily overcome.

See how it all unfolds as the Upper Bracket Quarter Finals kick off with the reformed Alliance facing off against a determined Liquid on the main stage of Shanghai’s Mercedes-Benz Arena at 10:00 AM SGT.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » March 2, 2016 4:56am | Report
Great post over at PCGamer about the 'tournament meta' that seems to have developed during the initial group stage:

http://www.pcgamer.com/dota-2s-shanghai-major-is-developing-an-incredible-meta/
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Lofy » March 2, 2016 2:02pm | Report
Code:
Das Meta sollte chinesische Teams vollkommen ausschließen. Ich konnte mir heute das 1. mal nen spiel ansehen wegen der komischen Zeiten. Was CDEC - Newbee da "geboten" haben war an langweile nicht zu überbieten. Am ende gewinnt das Team das Tonnenweise smokes verhaut... War das langweilig... Dazu Lag's, Tonausfälle...alles was ich vom Major gesehen / gehört habe bisher ist ein Desaster...
^^ damn so anoyed i wrote in German dafuq :/

So a little translation attempt:
This Meta should band Chinese Teams completly.
I was able to watch the 1st game of the mayor becaues of the time zones.
What CDEC and Newbee "delivered" was plain boring.
The team wich is constantly fails smoke ganks wins in the end... - how boring.
On top of that: lags and sound issiues. Everything i have seen or heard was a desaster so far.

Lofy

View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved