Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The end of Alliance?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The end of Alliance? 7 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 11, 2014 8:53pm | Report
Right now their not looking so hot in the group stage.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyrus » July 12, 2014 1:51am | Report
It;s a little premature to call this "the end". Even if they don't do well in TI, they're still one of the top 20 teams in the world. Having said that, we'll probably see a reshuffle in the squad if they don't perform well in the Main Tournament.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they 5-8 as opposed to Arrow Gaming's 2-11? They can always come back by winning in the Third Phase and progressing to the Semi-Finals of the Winner's Bracket can't they?

Xyrus
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (104)
Steam: Xyrus
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » July 12, 2014 1:55am | Report
Xyrus wrote:

It;s a little premature to call this "the end". Even if they don't do well in TI, they're still one of the top 20 teams in the world. Having said that, we'll probably see a reshuffle in the squad if they don't perform well in the Main Tournament.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they 5-8 as opposed to Arrow Gaming's 2-11? They can always come back by winning in the Third Phase and progressing to the Semi-Finals of the Winner's Bracket can't they?

Yes, but compared to Arrow gaming (Classic Johnny), they won TI3. So they are expected to perform, and not to be trash.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » July 12, 2014 2:54am | Report
Well, hopefully, I really dislike their strategies.

Let's see, it's not over yet.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by sulaxrox » July 12, 2014 3:25am | Report
They're a powerhouse team that's been turning in lackluster results for most of the year. Unfortunately, I don't see them making it through, too much of a hole they've dug for themselves. Hell, them and Navi who looks shaky at best with drafting and execution at times. I don't see the team shuffling much if at all, they just need to solidify their drafts and be more consistent.
Step 1: Pick Bristleback
Step 2: type in all chat:"GL hf"
Step 3: solo offlane
Step 4: first blood triple kill solo vs trilane
Step 5: continue head butting keyboard
Step 6: don't care, Bristleback doesn't give a ****
Step 7: screenshot repeated: BB OP comments in all chat
Step 8: alternate games with Slark pick

sulaxrox

Notable (6)
Steam: sulaxrox
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 12, 2014 4:31am | Report
Alliance is really off their game, ive seen multiple simple mistakes.

The worst was probably their multiple attemps to kill an offlaner with skywrath mage and alchemist.
Not only were they never going to get the kill becouse of a clear lack of damage, they kept trying and even dove the tower, resulting in them both getting killed.

The permanent io + prophet firstbans also dont help.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Zerosaviour » July 12, 2014 4:08pm | Report
And their done.

Along with a couple other teams that I though would actually make it past group stage.

Zerosaviour

Notable (8)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved