Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Slark=The Official Douchebag Hero?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Slark=The Official Douchebag Hero? 27 posts - page 1 of 3
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Fedorable » May 29, 2016 11:08am | Report
If you haven't noticed, Slark is everywhere and another thing you might know; Slark pickers, at least in my games, tend to be colossal douches. More often than not it's Slark player who is ceaselessly trash talking the whole game and when I turn things around on the prick? "GG Idiot team" that, or he ragequits altogether.

Of course, it wasn't always Slark pickers, rather, it seems like douchebags always favor the FotM hero for whatever reason. So what do you guys think? And maybe Hamster should update his pubstomp hero guide to entail douchebag heroes as well.

Fedorable
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (23)
Steam: Fedorable
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » May 29, 2016 12:11pm | Report
It probably depends on the skill bracket and area where you're playing, since I haven't seen a lot of Slark in the last games. Actually almost none at all. But I just came out of a game where I finally got my second kill with the hero (http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2398937987) and I'm not (usually) a douche, so forgive me if I don't go in a ranting agreement here :)

But I do get the concept. There was a time, two years ago, where my favourite douche was Invoker. Nowadays to be honest I don't even know, even Pudge is somewhat less frequently picked.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 29, 2016 12:21pm | Report
Slark is actually extremely low in my douchebag hero list.

The hero himself is a pain to play against, but players on him are generally all right.

Right now my issue is more with Bounty pickers...
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 29, 2016 2:38pm | Report
Just because BSJ picks Slark doesn't mean all Slark players are jerks. Some players on Slark can be nasty, but most of them are willing to communicate. Honestly, most heroes that need their allies to protect them in lane, like Slark, those guys are not as likely to be toxic players.

To me, the players with weird sociopathic behaviors pick up a few types of heroes, and most of it doesn't have people feeling "indebted" and stuff. This generally means Mids, greedy junglers, roamers, offlaners with solo kill potential, aggressive supports (not defensive ones, those guys are way more beloved and that makes them a lot less likely to be mean), and carries that have good laning.

To me, the heroes that come to mind are: Invoker, LC, Nature's, Clinkz, Bloodseeker, WD, Disruptor, Shadow Shaman, Ogre, Earthspanker, Alchemist, Clock.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule. Arc Warden players from the last patch were just the worst type of people.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » May 29, 2016 3:04pm | Report
BSJ isn't even a jerk anymore. The time where he made these ridiculous egomaniacal assertions about being "one of the top 1% pro players in his game at the moment" is long past. Now he's all nice and reformed...

However I do take offense to what you're saying about aggressive supports Cuttles. It's literally the only reason why playing support can still be fun right now IMO...despite OSFrog's repeated attempts to restrict the support role to the ultra boring "sit back and cast defensive stuff on your carry". There's nothing sociopathic about preferring to spend the early game roaming around for kills instead of playing a Shallow Grave and Glimmer Cape bot. Seriously I miss the times around the deathball patch when I could pick Venomancer almost every game and roam with maxed Q Singsing style. Aggressive supports rule!
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Cuttleboss » May 29, 2016 3:55pm | Report
You can enjoy whatever you like. No one is trying to take that away from you.

I'm saying that aggressive supports tend to be meaner players. If they're winning, they're probably winning by a lot. Thus, taunts. If they're losing, they are probably losing by a lot. Thus, flames. It's a lot more risk taking, and risk taking means that there something to brag or complain about. Sure, you can say it's more skillful or whatever, and that has its own value, but it does make them more toxic players than the guy who spams heals on Huskar and hope it works out.

Like, I can't recall the last time a Lich or a Dazzle flamed me, but I can remember a lot of times a Shadow Shaman or a Disruptor flamed me. Don't take it personally, it was just an observation.

Cuttleboss
<Editor>

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Wulfstan » May 29, 2016 4:04pm | Report
You mean Banana *dog puns* Slam *dog pun* Jamma? That guy? Tbh, I think CLQ was right and he was boosted.

Wulfstan
<Retired Mod>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (77)
Steam: Wulfstant
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by SaitouS4N » May 29, 2016 6:39pm | Report
I feel ya...

SaitouS4N

Steam: Saitou/S4N
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » May 29, 2016 11:42pm | Report
Cuttleboss wrote:

Arc Warden players from the last patch were just the worst type of people.

As an Arc Warden picker from the last patch I can assure you that this is indeed correct.

It's kind of like; you're playing the most cancerous ******** that's hit dota for years. If you're not being an ******* about it too, then you're almost failing in your job. I copped the most horrific abuse for playing that hero even though I basically never speak in all chat. I bathed in their tears and actually felt pleased for having caused such abject misery. I think it's the sheer power and control I had over them. Ultimate power, with no responsibilities. Kind of scary to think that someone can become like that. It's partially why I'm so sad he got neutered. I didn't get to dominate others like that anymore.
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » May 30, 2016 12:28am | Report
That's unprofessional af. Pro MMR a$$a$$in$ just do their job silently and without remorse.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved