Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Quality of life: [ ]not boosted [x]boosted

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Quality of life: [ ]not boosted [x]boosted 15 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 23, 2016 3:17am | Report
Screw Valve for not rolling the balance patch yet.
Bless 'em for this: http://www.dota2.com/springcleaning

A lot of stuff just got more convenient and I(and I'm sure a lot of other players too) may actually use quickcast now.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 23, 2016 3:24am | Report
Has anyone read the entirety of it and can list the actually impactful changes? The camp spawnbox thing is great, but apart from this I only see some insignificant changes.

Like, who cares that Power Treads disassembles into its original components? You can't disassemble treads, period. So this changes nothing.

Quickcast on button release...what's even the point? If you press your button accidentally you're still Black Holeing the ground -_-
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 23, 2016 4:01am | Report
Wait, do you mean there is an option to change q-cast to "key release" or is it reworked to only be that way? I haven't read through it all either yet.

I think they'll change PT being disassemble-able in the next patch, this is more like a balance update than quality of life fix.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sanvitch » March 23, 2016 4:32am | Report
There's stuff like hero specific hot-keys, a lot of bug fixes (Like a lot of them), independent muting of voice or chat.

For the most part, it is just cleaning up bugs and some QoL changes. None are especially significant save like
> Fixed desolator to apply its effect on attack landing, not attack starting — still applies before damage is calculated

It's still a great update because we needed a mass bug fix.

EDIT; Seemingly significant ones complied by a guy at Reddit

Spoiler: Click to view

Since you just can't have enough Chaos Breaker.

Sanvitch

Notable (18)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by michimatsch » March 23, 2016 4:36am | Report
It's an option.
I wonder if some guys can create a proposed settings because I am a bit lost right now.

michimatsch

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (26)
Steam: michimatsch
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 23, 2016 7:36am | Report
And then there's this ****: http://jsbin.com/darasigake/2/edit?output
I don't know if that's rly a leaked 6.87 page or just some well put together fake though.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Safecyn » March 23, 2016 7:52am | Report
Pretty sure this is fake, if only because I don't expect Volvo to actually use my Aghs upgrade idea for Clinkz XD

Safecyn
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (32)
Steam: Safecyn
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 23, 2016 7:54am | Report
Clearly a fake, just look at the Bane tooltip.

And Broodmother is so ridiculously broken that even OSFrog can't do something this ********. 0 to 4 free spiderlings whenever you kill any unit, instead of one spiderite. Nice hero. Because Brood clearly needs a buff, having an army of 30 spiders isn't enough, it needs to be doubled :)

Looks good though.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » March 23, 2016 8:08am | Report
Ye I've figured out it's a fake now, not from the tooltips(they can write whatever there and just remove it when it gets released) or Brood change(didn't read lol) but from those ******** items or Aghs upgrades. Free 2k health and Divine Rapier(I'm not even kidding, eating the dragon would give you 320 white(!) damage) for Clinkz? -20 sec cd and 0 manacost for 4.2k gold and an item slot on Slark? Whip of ****ing Torment?

I'm actually glad it;s fake now, I want some serious Luna buffs/meta swings or I will be deeply depressed.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » March 23, 2016 8:19am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

I want some serious Luna buffs

Turn rate increased from 0.6 to 0.9

Shake dat booty.

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved