Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

People misunderstood "GG EZ" and "REKT" ?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » People misunderstood "GG EZ" and "REKT" ? 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by GunMan113 » June 9, 2016 8:38am | Report
So I just found a thread about "GG EZ" and "REKT" actualy means

"EZ is actually short for Entrenched Zigzag, meaning the other team played well, it was hard to win and went back and forth. It's just people being gentlemen, clearly."

"Also REKT is simply an acronym for "Respect, Encouraging, Knowledgeable, Thrilling" which means someone respects your efforts in that last fight, they're encouraging you to keep fighting hard, that you're clearly knowledgeable of the game, and that it was a thrilling battle for both sides.

You may think it's sarcasm and gloating when people say it after they've won a fight, but it's meant to motivate you to come back and have another terrific teamfight, perhaps in your favor next time."

Is this true ?

GunMan113

Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 9, 2016 8:53am | Report
niceme.me

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 9, 2016 9:09am | Report
Yeaaa... nooo xD

As you probs know, "Ez" if for "easy" and "rekt" for wrecked, two ways of trashtalking.

If you really want to end a game nicely, just type "gg wp" always, if you win or if you lose.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Steam: Chi-Chi
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 9, 2016 9:19am | Report
C'mon Chichi, really?

Also ggwp should only be used if people actually played well. If people on both sides were horrible it's just gg ;)
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 9, 2016 9:25am | Report
See, that's why I said this, since you can perfectly well say wp every single time and you're just being nice instead of whiny or salty :P

Can never spread enough love, this game is filled with toxicity enough as it is.

Credits to Janitsu!

Ammateurs coaching channel iei! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOBsWN_45WjrRXLAWUqeyaA

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » June 9, 2016 9:33am | Report
If those are the real meanings, that means I've encountered the most well mannered players that DotA 2 has.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 9, 2016 9:39am | Report
The wordcloud from yasp is a good tool for this kind of self-analysis btw ahah

https://yasp.co/players/175327573/wordcloud

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » June 9, 2016 9:49am | Report
I am very well-mannered, actually. Whenever my opponents make a stupid mistake or fail at something I make sure to encourage them to not give up and remind them they are awesome players because they play at such a high rating and the match is already top notch just because they are in it.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hamstertamer » June 9, 2016 9:54am | Report
And this is exactly the reason why I don't say nice stuff when I don't mean it, because anyone will interpret it as ironic. My way to deal with toxicity is Global Silence (mute anyone that annoys me).

I am actually a really nice guy when I see someone genuinely play well. Like when I have a good support in my team I instantly commend him. Or when the enemy team gives me a run for my money with heroes that aren't meta abuse, same.
Strategy guide : Anti-pubstomper guide.
Hero guides : Spectre , Windranger and Clinkz
== Broodmother guide out! ==

Hamstertamer
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (89)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ChiChi » June 9, 2016 10:30am | Report
Ahah I guess our approaches differ a lot (surprise, surprise). I tend to believe good spirits attract good vibes more often than not (and my games have been following that pattern).

And I do think it's even better to be nice to people that make mistakes and play badly but apologize for it/try to get better, since it helps them improve instead of going into even worse tilting.

But yea, that new muting voice button, what a delicious option.

Credits to Janitsu!

ChiChi
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved