Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

DotA Why U Do Dis To MEEEEEE!?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » DotA Why U Do Dis To MEEEEEE!? 10 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 22, 2014 4:51am | Report
How come when your winrate gets anywhere near 50% (let's say 49.8), DotA hurls the Top 10 ****test Teams of the Month award winners at you and make sure your dreams of a good winrate are dashed to the ground?

Examples:
I played Spirit Breaker and got 10 kills... in a row... without dying...
My team? Most of them went 0-15 (at least).

Mid Meepo and solo top Drow Ranger. Um... what?

They stuck me (as Dazzle) in a solo hard lane... against Huskar.

Thank you DotA for ruining my game for a week or more!

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Steam: Ce.W1sd0m
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » August 22, 2014 5:09am | Report
lol get better scrub

It's GGWFS - Gaben's Global Winrate Forcing System. Only mightiest of the mightiest can defeat it and raise their win percentage above 50. Or just never have a winrate of <50% so you won't have to cross it.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Unscathed » August 22, 2014 5:27am | Report
Dimonychan wrote:

lol get better scrub

It's GGWFS - Gaben's Global Winrate Forcing System. Only mightiest of the mightiest can defeat it and raise their win percentage above 50. Or just never have a winrate of <50% so you won't have to cross it.

Wait, is that real? Because your words make it seem just like a joke.
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Late credits to Janitsu for the sig

Unscathed
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (47)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 22, 2014 5:35am | Report
Forgot to mention, now I also have 3 low prio matches for abandoning the Dazzle one.

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Sando » August 22, 2014 6:46am | Report
The "forced" 50% win rate is a misnomer. You don't get put with bad players because you're winning a lot, you move up the MMR (visible or not) and will be ranked alongside generally better players. This may mean you're having tougher opponents, or that you're now the "highest ranked player" on that team and your allies are suffering in comparison.

I know it's frustrating sometimes, but it's all the law of averages rather than a conspiracy from volvo!
A full list of my guides is here

Sando
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Established (118)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by kkoopman3 » August 22, 2014 6:57am | Report
Everything is a conspiracy from volvo -_-

kkoopman3

Remarkable (28)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by jawbreaker261 » August 22, 2014 7:12am | Report
The forced 50% thing comes mostly from people who think simply playing the game more leads to constant (if very gradual) improvement. It doesn't, not after your first 100-500 games. If you want to improve significantly it will take a focused and consistent effort over a long period of time, just like any other game/sport etc.

jawbreaker261

Notable (4)
Steam: jawbreaker261
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » August 22, 2014 7:48am | Report
If someone is over 50% winrate, then another person will be below 50% winrate. If you win, then I lose.

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Hades4u » August 22, 2014 7:55am | Report
The best players are matched with weaker ones so the teams are "balanced", always happens to me, it's frustrating and common.
Message me if you'd like to join our official Discord server!

Hades4u
<Community Lead>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Distinguished (296)
Steam: hades4you
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by DonnyDonnowitz » August 22, 2014 8:09am | Report
If you are not actively improving your gameplay than a 50% winrate means the match making system is working and making even matches.

DonnyDonnowitz

Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved