Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

Another intense game of ability draft

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » Another intense game of ability draft 17 posts - page 1 of 2
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » July 15, 2014 8:06am | Report
Match ID: http://dotabuff.com/matches/776685398

A couple of days ago, I had posted this thread about a game of ability draft that I played, where I was a Leshrac that got hold of Permanent Invisibility and picked 3 nukes, went around invis nuking people..

Yesterday, I played another ability draft game, where there was Permanent Invisibility in the pool, however, the enemy Windranger got it. She was a competent player too, picking Laser, Lucent Beam and Maledict along with it. What ensued was an intense game :D

I had a Visage, and went for Overpower, Lunar Blessing, Reactive Armor and Culling Blade. I was hoping to get Gravekeeper's Cloak instead of Reactive Armor (it would have helped a ton against the invis nuking WR, but the enemy Ursa got it first), but the general idea behind my build was to burst down the enemy with Overpower + Lunar Blessing and finish them off with Culling Blade.

I did fairly decently in the early game, denying as much as possible. I started off with a set of Tangoes and Boots of Speed (since Lunar Blessing had me covered on LH/denies). I also rushed a Mekansm early game, since it would give me the much needed armor and burst regen, and also because it was a pub game, and I didn't expect anyone else to build a mek. As soon as Windranger hit level 6, I called it out to my team, and also placed a couple of sentries on my high ground and her's. All in all, we survived the early game without feeding her. I managed to kill her twice during the first 10 minutes with the help of the sentries.

Thankfully, we had a friendly team that was prepared to listen, so I had 3 of us buy dust and we 5 man'd down mid and took out their tier 1 and tier 2 while they were busy pushing our top tier 1 ( Lunar Blessing is awesome in 5 man pushes xD). I followed up the Mekansm with a Linken's Sphere. This was my most controversial choice - I wasn't sure if I should have gone Black King Bar or if the linken's was a good idea. I didn't want to go BKB because the enemy team was fairly coordinated in disengaging, and I didn't want to end up wasting charges, and having the BKB on cooldown when fights break out. Linken's Sphere seemed safer, since it would definitely block out one of the nukes from Windranger (she was intent on focusing me down first, by the way, since I had the mek on our team, and I was the most DPS-oriented hero, with Overpower/ Lunar Blessing/ Maelstrom).

50 minutes into the game, we managed to teamwipe them twice, took mid rax and went straight for the throne and won the game. In all, this was one of my more intense games, since Permanent Invisibility with 3 nukes is kinda OP in pub games, and the other team was fairly good (dewarding/taking rosh when possible/coordinated pushing/split pushing/etc).

Just felt like sharing it with DF.

TL;DR: I had fun in a game of Ability Draft.

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Terathiel » July 16, 2014 11:42pm | Report
Sounds like a good game. Most ADs I end up in are stomps :)
There are two kinds of people in the world; those who can count, and those who can't.

Meme central please give me ad revenue

Terathiel
<Veteran>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (49)
Steam: Save me from this meme hell
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 17, 2014 4:53am | Report
You know what else is funny?

I once got Kunkka in ability draft, and I got the best thing ever.
Tidebringer and Coup de grace (oh, also X marks and Slithereen crush.)

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
Steam: TTT.Pixelmancer
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazy Tom » July 17, 2014 6:13am | Report
ThreadOfFate wrote:

You know what else is funny?

I once got Kunkka in ability draft, and I got the best thing ever.
Tidebringer and Coup de grace (oh, also X marks and Slithereen crush.)

The only thing that's missing is Great Cleave and/or Empower. :p

Crazy Tom

Notable (3)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 17, 2014 8:10am | Report
Crazy Tom wrote:

The only thing that's missing is Great Cleave and/or Empower. :p

Haha, yeah.

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ashwinthegrim » July 17, 2014 8:38am | Report
Enchant Totem + Tidebringer + Jinada + Coup de Grace.. OHKO Rampage!!!

ashwinthegrim

Notable (7)
Steam: Grim
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 17, 2014 8:57am | Report

O_O........

*RunningRunningRunningRunningRunningRunning*

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Timminatorr » July 17, 2014 9:22am | Report
Replace coup de grace with grow. Jinada is also a crit so they wont stack.

Timminatorr
<Editor>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (57)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by ThreadOfFate » July 17, 2014 9:57am | Report
Timminatorr wrote:

Replace coup de grace with grow. Jinada is also a crit so they wont stack.

That is...A very excellent point
(which also makes me shudder to even think about it.)

ThreadOfFate

Notable (14)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by TheSofa » July 17, 2014 10:08am | Report
FocusFire, any attackspeed ability with a bash...

TheSofa
<Moderator>

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Memorable (54)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved