Help Support Our Growing Community

DOTAFire is a community that lives to help every Dota 2 player take their game to the next level by having open access to all our tools and resources. Please consider supporting us by whitelisting us in your ad blocker!

Want to support DOTAFire with an ad-free experience? You can support us ad-free for less than $1 a month!

Go Ad-Free
Smitefire logo

Join the leading DOTA 2 community.
Create and share Hero Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

The New Blade Mail Function We've Been Waiting For

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on DOTAFire.

Forum » General Discussion » The New Blade Mail Function We've Been Waiting For 5 posts - page 1 of 1
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » December 5, 2016 10:12am | Report
It's always been difficult to say what the problem with blade mail is

Should the robe be a more expensive intelligent component in order to push strength heroes away from it a bit more?

Because Durable, Initiator, Disabler... REFLECTOR is too powerful of a concept?

Or should blade mail have also a natural passive ability that would allow a hero to attack himself therefore damaging enemy heroes at the attack range of the hero in an aoe around the hero, damage distributed evenly across the number of heroes there are within the radius of attack range in the form of pure damage?

And interestingly enough... what hero would get the most out of this concept?

IO would almost now want to stay at the -1 armor he starts out with and focus on life regen like he does anyways...

But would get the most out of the "attack himself" approach

Therefore making him an oddball effective against agility but the self attack reflect could still be evadable through evasion.

Most effective against intel it would seem...

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Dimonychan » December 5, 2016 2:18pm | Report
Yo Kyfoid, I hope you remember your promise of Brewmaster's 6.89 fame and glory? Because I do. And if you won't keep it...

Let's just say me and your mum will have a very serious discussion about your behaviour.

Dimonychan

Awards Showcase
Show more awards

Remarkable (43)
View My Blog
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » December 5, 2016 4:24pm | Report
Brewmaster: Crimson Guard and Strength Version of Magic Damage

Echantress: Linken's sphere and hurricane pike

The problem here is that we don't really know what the strength version of magic damage is

Then when we realize or find what it is, we see the necromicon melee warrior with mana burn and the ranged warrior with mana burn both.

I see this as a redundancy of design flaw

The melee warrior should have a less effective but familiar "taunt" ability

That way it would more likely ensure its suicide against a hero like phantom assassin

Massive amount of magic damage done to PA in the strength heroes way of doing it.

Necromicon is probably one of the least used items.

The brewmaster would have made sure he takes off in farm first with offensive component of necromicon and reversed in to crimson guard

Kyfoid

Notable (9)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Yellulzquiet Reborn » December 6, 2016 5:19am | Report
I understand what you mean Kyfrog

Int heroes have: Veil, drums, Hurricane pike, Guinso, Bloodthorn, shivas, Octarine....., they have almost everything and they have good stats + insane utility

Agi Heroes have: Manta, Diffusal, Buttlerfly and Skadi, it seems little but the combo of manta + diffusal is almost impossible to kill a agi hero and fast butterfly is gg

Str heroes have: Blade Mail ? Exactly, they just have this, the only buffed item and a definy gameplay one

Yellulzquiet Reborn

Notable (4)
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep by Kyfoid » December 6, 2016 6:50am | Report
Blademail: The strength heroes use it more then the intels yet it is an intelligence item

Echosaber: The strength and agility heroes use it more then the intels yet it is an intelligence item

Most intelligence heroes are ranged (omitting echo saber)

Most intelligence heroes are squishy (not making blade mail ideal)

I provided the solutions for each in order to make the ranged attack dominated intels relevant to their own item.

I will now quote Einstein

"It seems our biggest problem is a perfection of means and a confusion of aims"

Kyfoid

Notable (9)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

DOTAFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite DotA hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 DOTAFire | All Rights Reserved